A Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) is designed to provide a holistic approach to both disaster recovery and business continuity. Our COOP address pre-disaster preparedness, disaster recovery operations, business continuity operations and post-disaster activities.
Comprehensive Documentation To Address Contingency Operations
The COOP takes a holistic approach to Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) that utilizes a phased approach to preparing for and responding to incidents. It takes a phased approach incorporates incident response and BC/DR components to create a centralized and strategic approach to emergency management that can scale to deal with the size and scope of disasters and recovery efforts.
The COOP can stand alone or be paired with other specialized products we offer. At the heart of it, the COOP provides an organization with clear disaster recovery and business continuity documentation that is cohesive and manageable.
The value of the COOP comes from having well-constructed documentation that establishes the clear requirements to protect your organization from disasters. The COOP can help you become audit ready in a fraction of the time and cost to do it yourself or hire a consultant to come on-site and write it for you. The entire concept of this COOP is focused on two things:
- Providing written BC/DR documentation to walk your team members through the steps they need to plan for, respond to and recover from disasters; and
- Help your company be audit ready with the appropriate level of due diligence evidence that allows you to demonstrate your organization meets its obligations.
What Is The Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)?
Our products are one-time purchases with no software to install – you are buying Microsoft Office-based documentation templates that you can edit for your specific needs. If you can use Microsoft Office or OpenOffice, you can use this product! The COOP is an editable Microsoft Word format:
- The COOP addresses the “how?” questions in an audit, since BC/DR guidance provides the means for how your organization’s BC/DR-related policies and standards are actually implemented.
- The COOP provides the underlying BC/DR guidance that must be documented, as many stipulated by statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements.
What Problem Does The COOP Solve?
- Lack of In House Security Experience – Writing disaster recovery / business continuity documentations is a skill that most cybersecurity professionals simply are not proficient at and avoid the task at all cost. Tasking your security analysts and engineers to write comprehensive BC/DR documentation means you are actively taking them away from protecting and defending your network, which is not a wise use of their time. The COOP is an efficient method to obtain comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery documentation for your organization!
- Compliance Requirements – Nearly every organization, regardless of industry, is required to have formally-documented disaster recovery and business continuity processes. The COOP is designed with compliance in mind, since it focuses on leading security frameworks to address reasonably-expected security requirements (see bottom of page for a complete listing).
- Audit Failures – Security documentation does not age gracefully like a fine wine. Outdated documentation leads to gaps that expose organizations to audit failures and system compromises. The COOP provides a cost-effective and efficient manner to obtain BC/DR documentation.
- Vendor Requirements – It is very common for clients and partners to request evidence of a disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities. The COOP can provide evidence that you need!
How Does The COOP Solve It?
- Clear Documentation – The COOP provides a comprehensive template for your BC/DR operations to help prove that your recovery capabilities exist. This equates to a time saving of hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars in staff and consultant expenses!
- Time Savings – The COOP can provide your organization with a templated solution that requires minimal resources to fine tune for your organization’s specific BC/DR needs.
- Alignment With Leading Practices – The COOP is written based on leading frameworks for BC/DR guidance.